Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Vote for our kitchen sink

Here's another voting opportunity!  Brad and I have differing opinions on our kitchen sink. Yes, that's right...we disagree on everything including the kitchen sink!   I originally wanted a copper sink.  Not only would it be a focal point in the kitchen, but I think it is period appropriate?  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  I haven't been able to find much information on 1860s kitchens.

I said I originally wanted a copper sink.  While getting water on the counter top for the millionth time when washing dishes, I decided a drainboard sink is a better option.  I also would have to sell a kidney to afford a copper sink.  And since we never fill one side of the sink and rinse in the other, but I often wash extra large items, one big bowl (rather than two smaller bowls) seemed the most appropriate choice.  I really do not want a white cast iron, because it is difficult to keep clean and gets black scratches every time a pan is washed.

I've learned there aren't many choices in drainboard sinks.  White or some composite something-or-another. I like the first one, as I think it's the most period appropriate, but of course, Brad doesn't like it.  I also like the second one, but it is crazy expensive.  The third is the cheapest option, my least favorite.  Brad would like ta standard stainless steel sink, which would be the cheapest option.  Ahhh...what would Nicole Curtis do?

Here are the three options I found....

White Farmhouse with double drainboards
790 (sink) + 276 (faucet) + 44 (additional costs are for basin rack & drain basket) = $1110





White Apron front with drainboard
 1193 (sink) + 125 (faucet) + 276 + 44 (additional costs are for basin rack & drain basket) = 1638




Beige drop in with drainboard

536 (sink) + 125 + 169 + 27 + 44 (additional costs are for basin rack, drain basket & soap dispenser) = 901



No comments:

Post a Comment